Does Dry Fog Mold Removal Work & Is It Safe?
At My Pure Environment, here in San Francisco, we talk a lot about our dry fog mold removal technology. We’re immensely proud of our dry fogging for mold remediation. It’s proven to be less invasive and more effective than traditional methods.
But there’s one question many clients have: “Is dry fog mold removal safe?” In today’s post, we’ll talk about how dry fog mold removal works, why we use dry fogging to remove mold, and whether or not it is safe for you, your family, and your pets.
How Does Dry Fog Mold Removal Work?
The genius behind dry fogging for mold removal is that we aerosolize our sterilant into a vapor that prevents spores from escaping. This vapor is made of tiny particles that bounce around the room until they come in contact with a mold spore or pathogen.
Dry Fogging for mold removal is used primarily because these tiny particles don’t wet any surface they come in contact with. This means that you’re not introducing additional moisture into an already damp, mold-infested area. It also means that nothing in your home or office is damaged in the process. The dry fog is able to penetrate behind walls and areas where cleaning equipment can’t reach.
How Safe is Dry Fog Mold Removal?
Since the pandemic began, we’ve been thinking a lot more about the health and safety of our clients. Introducing a chemical in a fine mist to your home or office can understandably raise some concerns, especially when it comes to your respiratory health and safety. We want to take a moment to put your mind at ease.
Our Sterilant is 100% Safe!
Our sterilant contains a mixture of hydrogen peroxide and peracetic acid. Don’t be alarmed by the second ingredient. Peracetic acid is non-corrosive, and both elements in our sterilant decompose into biodegradable compounds. We use this mixture because it’s EPA-approved and safe. We also use it because it’s a powerful combination that eradicates mold and bacteria on contact.
Safety Measures During the Process
When our technicians are working, they wear protective equipment to ensure that they aren’t directly exposed to the sterilant. They also remain in the room during dry fogging to ensure no one else is exposed. They will work in one room at a time, completely sterilizing each room before moving on to the next.
How Do I Know the Mold Won’t Come Back?
There are two steps in the process of dry fog mold removal:
Step one—removing the mold with our sterilant.
Step two—coating every surface in your home with a protective, anti-fungal, antimicrobial barrier. At the microscopic level, this barrier looks like a bed of nails. When a mold spore, or virus lands on the bed of nails, it’s destroyed. This barrier is guaranteed for up to 90 days.
We provide a one year guarantee with our dry fog mold removal service. If the problem resurfaces in that time, we’ll come back out to address the problem at no additional cost to you. That being said, you should always take steps to prevent mold from growing in your home, to ensure that you aren’t left with a long-term mold problem.
Breathe Clean Air in Your San Francisco Home or Office
At My Pure Environment, our dry fogging technology for mold and pathogen removal is what sets us apart from the competition. It’s highly effective, non-invasive, and the only mold removal process with a one year guarantee. No sledgehammers, no sawing and dust, no demolition or added cost—just clean, safe air and peace of mind. Contact us to schedule a free consultation and start breathing cleaner air today!
Image used under creative commons license – commercial use (date) author (site)